- Van Zandt, S. and Mhatre P. (2013) The Effect of Housing Choice Voucher Households on Neighborhood Crime: Longitudinal Evidence From Dallas, Poverty & Public Policy, Vol.5, Issue 3, pp. 229-249.
- Bame SI, Parker K, Lee JY, Norman A, Finley D, Desai A, Grover A, Payne C, Garza A, Shaw A, Bell R, Davis T, Harrison E, Dunn R, Mhatre P, Shaw F, Robinson C. (2012) 2-1-1 Data to Monitor Unmet Disaster Needs: The Case of Katrina- Rita in Texas, 2005. American Journal of Preventive Medicine, Vol. 43, Issue 6, pp. S435-S442.
- Van Zandt, S. and Mhatre, P. (2009) Growing Pains: Perpetuating Inequality through the Production of Low-Income Housing in the Dallas Metroplex, Urban Geography, Vol.30, Issue 5, pp.490–513.
- Willoughby, K.; Mhatre, P.; and Pandey, L. (2004) The Geography of Housing in the Atlanta Region, (for Fiscal Research Center, Andrew Young School of Policy Studies, Georgia State University, Census Report 8, July 2004).
- Melkers, J. and Mhatre, P. (2002) Use and Effects of Using Performance Measures for Budgeting, Management, and Reporting: Case Study for State of Wisconsin (for Sloan Foundation and Georgia State University Project, Government Accounting Standards Bureau (GASB), September 2002.
- Mhatre, P. and Pradhan, R. (2008) The Nano Opportunity: Time to Address Urban Transport in a Holistic Manner, (in Pragati – The Indian National Interest Review, February 2008, Issue 11)
- Mhatre, P. (2007) Away and Not Alone: Staying Connected to the Homeland via Social Media (for Tehelka – Special Issue: Youth and the Internet, May 05, 2007)
Links to Scholarly Work
Doctoral Dissertation Proposal – Examination of Housing Price Impacts on Residential Properties before and after Brownfields Remediation Using Spatial Hedonic Modeling [PDF link]
Journal article for Urban Geography journal – Growing Pains: Perpetuating Inequality through the Production of Low-Income Housing in the Dallas Metroplex [PDF link]
Sustainable Housing Research Unit (SHRU) Working Paper 09-01, January 2009 – The Effect of Housing Choice Voucher Households on Neighborhood Crime: Longitudinal Evidence from Dallas [PDF link]
SeCoPA Presentation – Impact of Organizational Capability in Developing Internet-based Solutions on Perceived Website Effectiveness [PDF link]
Census Report for Fiscal Research Center – The Geography of Housing in the Atlanta Region [PDF link]
Report for Government Accounting Standards Bureau – Use and Effects of Using Performance Measures for Budgeting, Management, and Reporting: Case Study for State of Wisconsin [PDF link]
Personal Planning Manifesto – PLAN 664: History & Theory of Planning (Fall 2005) [PDF link]
Response Paper – Relaxing Regulations to Support the Growth and Development of Industries: Case for Bangalore, India – PLAN 664: History & Theory of Planning (Fall 2005) [PDF link]
Response Paper – Conservation and Adapted Reuse “City Beautiful” Buildings: The Case for Victoria Terminus, Mumbai – PLAN 664: History & Theory of Planning (Fall 2005) [PDF link]
Response Paper – Experimental City – PLAN 664: History & Theory of Planning (Fall 2005) [PDF link]
Rebuilding a Sustainable Gulf Coast: A Regional Plan for New Orleans and Environs (contributor; pgs 54-62) – PLAN 675: Sustainable Urbanism (Spring 2006) [PDF link]
Brownfields Redevelopment for Affordable Housing – PLAN 656: Housing & Community (Spring 2006) [PDF link]
Impact of Subprime Mortgage Meltdown on Location and Volume of Home foreclosures – PLAN 629: Neighborhood Revitalization (Spring 2007) [PDF link]
Vacant and Abandoned Lands: A Theory Paper – PLAN 629: Neighborhood Revitalization (Fall 2007) [PDF link]
Mapping Opportunities and Access Indicators for Dallas Metropolitan Region poster – FRSC 652: Advanced GIS (Fall 2006) [PPT link]
Downtown Revitalization: Lessons for Mumbai’s Mill Lands – GEOG 616: Urban Geography (Spring 2007) [PDF link]
Role and Nature of Emergent Organizations in Disaster Recovery – PLAN 647: Disaster Recovery and Hazard Mitigation (Fall 2007) [PDF link]
Regional Analysis and Recommendations for High Tech Cluster Economies: The case for Bangalore (India) and Silicon Valley (USA) – PUBP 6602 – Economic Development and Analysis (Spring 2003) [PDF link]